Suspect Arrested in Death of Ohio Woman and Two Daughters

In Nation
It's only fair to share...Email this to someone
Print this page

Ohio police arrested a 45-year-old man on Tuesday in connection with the triple homicide of a North Royalton mother and her two adult daughters whose bodies were found in a bed next to each other, reports say.

George Brinkman was taken into custody at around 5:30 a.m. after an hours-long standoff with police in which the suspect allegedly barricaded himself inside a Brunswick home, according to .

The standoff began at around 9 p.m. on Monday and police used a taser to take the man into custody, Brunswick police Lt. Robert Safran told the station.
George Brinkman

In a , Brunswick police announced the standoff and hours later stated that Brinkman had been taken into custody.

It was not immediately clear if he had retained a lawyer or entered a plea.

Police said Brinkman was wanted for questioning in the of 45-year-old Suzanne Taylor and her daughters, Taylor Pifer, 21, and 18-year-old Kylie Pifer, according to .

Taylor’s body was found in her bed on Sunday night alongside that of her two daughters, North Royalton police told PEOPLE. Police said the attack appeared to be targeted.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter. 

The three bodies were under covers, almost as though they’d been tucked into bed, detective Dave Loeding said.

According to Loeding, Taylor appeared to have died after sustaining a fatal knife wound while her daughters’ causes of death remain unknown. They did not appear to have “obvious signs of death,” but police believe both daughters were homicide victims.

Police received from Taylor’s boyfriend on Sunday night, Loeding says, claiming one of the girl’s boyfriends called him after finding their bodies.

Upon arrival, investigators noticed there appeared to be no signs of forced entry, Loeding says. Police suspect the daughters were killed elsewhere in the home before their bodies were moved to their mother’s bed.

Police went to the Brunswick home to arrest the suspect after learning of his location. Despite the standoff, the owner of the residence, a woman, was able to leave unharmed, according to the Plain Dealer.

Brinkman, who was allegedly armed with a handgun, refused to leave the home for at least eight hours and police were heard talking to him through a loudspeaker in the early hours of Tuesday, the Plain Dealer reports.

The suspect was taken to a hospital after his arrest, reports.

It's only fair to share...Email this to someone
Print this page

Mobile Sliding Menu