CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Season 24 finale was an evening of dancing and singing, and carnival rides, live performances by TLC, Hailee Steinfield, One Republic and Lady Antebellum, a flamenco demonstration accompanied by Charo on guitar, and one final competitive dance between the three remaining finalists before a winner was announced.
Watch parties were held across the country: at Wrigley Field for David Ross; in Houston for Normani Kordei; and in Lynchburg Virginia for Rashad Jennings.
Here are several highlights from the evening:
- Pre-recorded packages looking back at each of the finalists’ growth and progression over the past 10 weeks.
- A blooper reel of mishaps during Season 24.
- An “in-depth look” at the bromance between Nick Viall and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- The announcement of Normani placing third stunned the audience and judges. Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews were left stumbling for something to say.
- The final judges’ score totals – before adding fan votes from this week and last week – were as follows: David Ross – 36 (113); Normani Kordei – 40 (118); Rashad Jennings -39 (119)
- Rashad Jennings has been added to the “Dancing With the Stars Live” summer tour,